Price: 3 payments of $39.95 + $19.95 Shipping. (Bands, chin-up bars and supplements sold in upsell process.) Includes: 12 workkouts, 3-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more.
Last Christmas my MBA aunt was all estatic:
"I'm quitting the gym. I have P90X now and I love it!"
And at last check, she's still enjoying the workout. Probably because she can get the full intense workout in the comfort of her home so she doesn't have to be away from her $3,000 dog for too long. But that's me guessing.
So I had to know, "What would make my hard-nosed, just-the-facts-ma'am, internal auditor aunt dive all in to an As Seen on TV Fitness Product?"
Review - P90x: Claims, Complaints, Fraud, Scam...
At first, I just thought my aunt wanted to stare at Tony Horton in the video while she worked out, but that's not typically her style. So we inquired deeper.
Claims: According to BeachBody.com, P90X Can Provide the following results:
- Accelerated results via a technique called "Muscle Confusion," which keeps the workouts fresh and the moves knew so the body can't adapt to them./li>
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Complaints: Oh, yeah. There are some complaints too. In fact there's a whole website dedicated to P90X complaints. But it's not what you think:
1) There's an eBay scam going on. According to a p90x scam website, the scam centers around "coaches" who are trying to sell the system via eBay and Amazon - an approach that not allowed by Beach Body - the product owners. If a "coach" is on Amazon or eBay trying to seel you p90x - don't do it (source: p90x-scam.com ).
2) By the way, if you put your credit card info into a website, they assume the transaction is made. So DON"T PUT IN CREDIT CARD INFORMATION unless you intend to buy!
3) Here's the one I'm not sure about : a couple people are reporting a quarterly charge of a couple bucks for "online support." At this time I can't find where that would be included on the initial purchase. We'll be checking to see if that's an upsell or not. (note: the complaint was a phone order)
4) Chicken or Egg: There's a couple threads on health forums that argue whether or not P90x is the reason for the results or if it's the user.
Here's our answer: YES!
It takes a good program, commitment and execution to get results in anything you do. And it's good to keep workouts fresh lest one gets bored. Can p90X get you those results you seek? Probably. Can another program? Probably. The question is: what kind of workout do you want?
Best Price Comparisons. Reviews
funnier than ours.
Try it. Bookmark it. Make it a part of your research arsenal.
Before I'd ever use a product like Dr. Ho's Back Belt, I would consult my chiropractor - who I haven't seen in awhile. What we found is that most people wouldn't take such an approach...
I would swear that the NutriBullet is just a Magic Bullet with a different plastic skin and fonts & iconography. I assume that if I want to make veggie smoothies I could just use a Magic Bullet, but apparently I can't. Or something like that. I'm still looking.
This is one of those times where my grandfather bought something he wanted to see on TV and it was a great idea. I went into the garage and click the switch when I realized the light-bulb didn't look like an ordinary light-bulb.
With so many acne products out and about, on television, on the shelves, at the impulse counter, next to the Redbox and vending machines...It's enough to make one wonder as to why the competition is so fierce. Is it because no single product works well enough? Or is it because people have a hard time telling which product works for them. Maybe Neutrogena is onto something with the SkinID.
Awesome Auger - Was It PitchMen's Billy Mays that Made it Awesome? Or was it Awesome Auger inventor Tommie Matasko and his inspiring story that lead to the Auger's invention? Please visit the As Seen on TV Life Summary Review and find out.
Before Vince came out with his copycat ShamWOW and his Time/Life operator headphones, there was a super-absorbent cloth that took care of the chills and spills your clumsy day created. And all you needed to know was that Billy Mays thought it was awesome.